Translate

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Travel

Left Amarillo via Continental Express en route to Houston and realized that Global Warming must be making pot holes in the air like the snow and ice are making pot holes in the roads in Amarillo. Most of the flight was fairly smooth, but there was one area that definitely could stand some repairs. :-) Arrived in Houston without any problems though. Just a 3+ hour layover until the Emirates flight to Dubai leaves.

After an relatively uneventful 15 hour flight, I arrived in Dubai for another layover, this time 6+ hours. I say the flight was uneventful, but in reality there were several times that I became a little concerned due to the turbulence and vibration of the plane. This was my first time to fly Emirates, and I was impressed with the accommodations and the service. The plane was not full so I had a window seat with no one next to me and being at the back of my compartment, no one behind me. The seats were quite comfortable and reclined further than any other I have flown in. We left Houston around 6:30 pm on Tuesday and arrived in Dubai around 7:30 pm on Wednesday. So, I guess I flew the clock around. :-) Should be meeting up with some of the team here in Dubai before our flight leaves for Bangladesh at 1:45 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive